Saturday, July 5, 2014

Some Forgotten Pictures From Annie (Part III)


(Excuse my immaturity for this story but I really can't help myself.) At Monet's garden, the surprisingly loud battle cries of two male frogs rang through the waterlily ponds. With their battlegrounds as the pads, they raged, they flopped, they... took turns squashing each other rather awkwardly... The tourists, the crowds -- they oohed and aahed and made videos for youtube. Eventually one surrendered while he could still swim away with his dignity intact, and the champion was later discovered having equally loud sex with a female. The End.

 
After trekking around Monet's garden, we returned to the gift shop, where Nate, Bethany and I grabbed the nearest couch before any other elderly folks could take it, and literally fell asleep for half an hour while Mom and Dad scrounged the store.

What ...
Mom said ... these two look like a gay married couple



The only thing that would make the boy smile was if he could punch us .. and Mom said "take one for the team"
The "I'm Dad-ly uncertain face"
we take traveling very seriously in this family


Did I mention I'm a serious person? ... Look at this picture of Hermaphroditus .. Oh God, Mom's gonna kill me again ... but look --it's so funny


I will lend Nate the excuse that the sun was in his eyes
Mom's going to warp-speed so she can go find a better family out in the stars --- one who won't ruin her pictures
I shouldn't have acted all high and mighty about Brennan and Nate ruining family pictures because I'm just as bad.
This man would not like to be included in our family, thank you very much
Twice on this trip, Mom became super giggly about two particularly jokes. Both involved cats. They both made her laugh until she cried. The entire family still has no clue why, but seeing her coming apart over the idea of our cat Pippin crawling along the ground with one of those scooters for fat people, or about me running a cat hostel (I said it with a straight face) was flippin' awesome.


I have no clue what's happening in this chain of events ...





1 comment:

John Pierce said...

Annie I laughed at many of these captions. Hilarious.